Tuesday 19 May 2020

White Cossacks

Okay, enough messing around with Orcs and Trolls.  I have finished these Cossacks to give some cavalry to my RCW White Army. They are based on the 17th Orenburg Cossacks, who were a Corps support asset for Verzhbitskiy's 3rd Steppe Corps of Kolchak's Siberian Army in 1919.


The excellent Pygmy Wars site is great for anyone looking to paint up some Cossacks and that's what I've used as my source for the uniforms.  I didn't want to do Siberian Cossacks as they had red facings and I'd like to avoid bright red in my White Army for purely themetic reasons. The blue looks good and is different to the raspberry or black of the infantry.  About 50% of them should have lances but none of the figures I had did, so I will have to get a few more to give at least the impression that many were lance armed.

No comments:

Post a Comment