Sunday 3 May 2020

Galadhrim WIP

These are some work in progress shots I took of my Galadhrim Army for GW's Middle Earth skirmish game.

My club mate Chris had an idea to start a club Middle Earth campaign to get everyone to mix and not just stay in their own cliques.  Like most wargamers, certainly of my age, I'm a big Tolkien fan and have wanted to do an Elven army since first reading the the books as a kid.  So it didn't take much arm twisting to get me onboard.

The campaign was very successful and we played loads of games and people built some pretty big Middle Earth armies.  Most of us had the start of forces in our lead and plastic mountains and the campaign encouraged us to get them painted.

This was what I had sitting in a box in the garage.  It was too many archers for a game legal army but I started painting what I had and looking for more.


Here's an early WIP pic.  Basic colours and lots of washes.  That's about all my eyesight can cope with nowadays but the results look okay.  After decades of trying I'm still amazed at the detail some people can get on a 28mm figure or even smaller.


I found a few High Elf spear armed warriors I had previously picked up from eBay too.  I use them to represent Galadriel's High Elf kin that have joined her in Lothlorien.  It means I can also use more of my Galadhrim archers.


Here are some early pics of the finished troops.



I love these early metal LOTR Perry sculpts.  Some of the best miniatures ever made in my opinion.

This is my completed Gladhrim host before we played a big defence of Lothlorien game last year.


I have a few extra guards now but I think the army is pretty much done.  More close ups to follow shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment