Sunday 3 May 2020

Galadhrim Elven Army

Here are some quick photos of my completed Galadhrim Host.  Once again exhibiting my mediocre painting and photography skills but as Stalin, and no doubt Sauron, would say, quantity has a quality of its own.

First is Galadriel in her scary war aspect.  The Eldar Lady of the Golden Wood revealed in her wrath, to paraphrase Gandalf's description of Glorfindel.

I love this Galadriel figure.  It's better than the more passive one and seems more appropriate for a sorceress taking the field of battle.


Next are the other major characters from the army.  The elf Captain Haldir in his armoured version, the army standard bearer and a Galadhrim captain I have painted up to my Celeborn.  Haldir is great as your leader in smaller games of the Middle Earth rules and this is a great figure so he's seen a lot of combat.  I'm not keen on the official Celeborn figure's pose and he wears High Elf Armour too.  This figure makes a great alternative and is wearing Galadhrim armour, so it seems more fitting for a Sindar Elf lord and matches the the rest of the army.  He's in distinctive white to show he's a Lord of the West.


What would a wood elf army be without a wall of archers?  Sadly the Middle Earth rules only allow a third of the warriors to have bows but with the metal sword armed Galadhrim warriors and spear armed High Elves I can use them all.  I use a spare Haldir figure painted with dark hair and the other metal Elf Captain as leaders.


This detachment of sword armed Elves look like they mean business charging into battle.  In the rules these guys are no better at fighting hand-to-hand than the archers but the models are nice.  They are good at backing up a hero and piling on his winning fight with two handed blows.


The plastic Galadhrim elves are not quite as good as the old metal figures but they're still pretty nice and the the variety is great.  I bought a job lot from one of my club mates.  The guys in red cloaks are supposed to be the Galadhrim Captains.



Lastly the army has these Galadhrim Knights for its mounted troops.  I forgot to paint the captain with a red cloak but technically I need twelve warriors to have four archers, so I may look for a mounted hero to lead them or pick up an odd extra sword armed Knight if I find one.



I have some more High Elves and Saraman's orcs still in the grey and silver that I might get to one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment