Saturday 21 March 2020

Copplestone Conversions

Here are a few simple conversions I have made using the excellent Copplestone Castings range.  I wanted some different command figures to avoid too much repetition and add some missing options.  Nothing terribly skilled just head and arm swaps but enough to create some additional variety.

A White officer standard bearer and Lewis gunner.


Some Bolshevik commanders.  I think the one on the left will be painted in red leather and make a good train detachment commander.


Some mounted Red Commanders.



Last is my attempt to model a Red Sailor in the mould of Anatoli Zhelezniakov and inspired by this painting.


The Mauser pistol arm came from the Bolshevik cavalry figure above, now carrying the corresponding sword of the great coated Bolshevik officer that forms the base for this conversion.  The head was from the kneeling sailor that comes with the machinegun pack.



I'm quite pleased with the result and I hope my painting can do the concept justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment