After the Samarkand game I have been motivated to do some more Back of Beyond games and I've started on some additional troops. First up is this Sopwith One and Half Strutter that I am doing to give my Bolos. some air power.
The Strutter was used historically by the RKKA and I've had this old 1/48
Roden kit sitting in the shed for many years half built. It had been attacked by cats and several parts were missing , so I've had to rebuild the undercarriage, struts and add a rear gunner. It's not quite right anymore but close enough for my RCW/BoB needs.
The aircraft is painted as if it were in the basic colours of doped linen, varnished wood, and unfinished metal. The only decoration so far is the red tail.
I have a set of decals on order, so it will eventually have some red stars added to the wings for a little more colour.
The other work in progress I have are these nice Central Asian riflemen from Tiger Miniatures.
I want to use these figures as Turkmen but the ones below came with the Kalpak hats characteristic of the Kyrgyz people, instead of the Sheepskin Telpeks of the Turkmen. So, I have done a simple conversion to them with a little modelling putty.
I need to do a bit more research on the colours first but I'm thinking they will be painted something like this.
These are my first figures from Tiger and I'm quite impressed. Although maybe not quite a crisp as my trusty Copplestones, they are a nice sculpts, a good match size-wise, and they have lots of character. I will definitely be ordering more in future.
No comments:
Post a Comment