Monday 28 September 2020

Oldhammer Dark Elves

Now for something a bit different.  I thought I would paint up a few of these Oldhammer Dark Elves I have had rattling around in an old tin.

I'm not up to some of the amazing paint jobs I have seen elsewhere and didn't particularly like the gaudy 1990s style used in the 4th edition army book, so I've gone for a simple dark palette that will hopefully look okay on the table.  

These first few are the dreaded Black Guard of Naggaroth.  

Next we have some of the fanatical Witch Elves.  Goth girls with back combed hair and a taste for blood.

The Dreadspears are the mainstay of the Dark Elf battle line.  They are lead by a Dark Elven lord seen here pointing out their next unfortunate victim.  The last victim's flayed hide makes up the banner.  I'm not sure about that.  I might redo a more conventional flag.

What would a Dark Elf force be without crossbows, so these Darkshards provide some rapid shooting support.

I have a lot more of these including Cold One riding Knights, Corsairs plus some characters and monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment