Saturday 26 August 2023

Alexander Returns

I have started re-basing my Macedonians for Art de la Guerre and adding a few extra figures to make a list legal 200 point army.

Alexander is based at the head of his companions, as an integrated commander in ADLG.  This isn't compulsory but it's where he should be.  The pink clad light cavalry are a base of Prodromoi lancer scouts.  These are all Foundry figures but I have another pack each of Prodromoi and Companions from Crusader to paint eventually.

The Phalangites are six to a base, which is a couple fewer than required under the standard basing but with the lowered pikes I can't fit more on a base.  The archers are going to be used as Cretan mercenaries.

To add more support I have some Thessalian cavalry, Greek Peltasts and some archers that can be Greeks or Macedonians.

Next up are some Agrianian and Thracian light javelinmen, then a separate command base of three figures. 

After that I just need to do some Hypaspists, and maybe one more command base, but I have some Greek Hoplites and Thracian allied swordsmen too.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Neil. The basing is easy. I just paint on PVA glue and then dip in a sand mix. When dry I paint it brown, then later dry brush a light sand colour over the top. Last, I stick on a few tufts and done. That comment can now serve as a reminder for me when I forget. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Very nice painting !!!
    Nikkobourges

    ReplyDelete