Tuesday 13 June 2023

Congo Crisis Vehicles

Here are some links to the vehicles I have found for my Simba Rebellion and Congo Crisis project.

 
 
This is really just a quick placeholder for now.  I wanted to share some picks for this thread on LAF, so I thought I would add a post.  I might add more detail here or future posts later.
 
 

The Mercenaries, Simbas, Congolese army and other factions used a great mix of vehicles from Jeeps, Land Rovers, military trucks, civilian trucks and some armoured vehicles like M8 Greyhounds or M3 White Scout Cars.
 

This truck is Citroen U23 from the later 50s or early 60s.  I don't know for definite they were used but it looks the part.  Well hopefully will when painted olive drab.

 
Here is a 1:50 GMC like truck.  I have one on order but it hasn't arrived yet.  
 
Additional Note: Carlos on LAF has now informed me this is a Soviet Ural 4320 made by Technopark.  So, widely used up to the modern day but too late for the Congo.

Carlos also suggested, as an alternative, that Solido do make 1/50 GMC trucks.

 
Here is the cheap plastic 1:48 Willys Jeep kit I have used.

I'll investigate more into the armoured vehicles later.  I know Empress, Warlord and Rubicon do some suitable models.  Brigade miniatures in the US do too I think.  I got some crew figures from them, as well as some from Empress and some from Dixon.

Here is a link to Swedish site with come good Congo pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment