Monday 1 March 2021

Alexander goes east

My latest project is to do some armies for the Alexandrian Conquests.  This is another unfinished project from the archives and I haven't completed my Russians yet but I fancied something different for a while.

The plan is do small armies about the size of those for Lion Rampant or possibly a little larger.  I was never very good at finishing full sized armies for WAB or other similar games, the large units are just too tedious to paint.  I've enjoyed painting the RCW and Middle Earth forces though, so I'm again doing the same single skirmish basing. 

For games I'll either do scaled down battles or concentrate on smaller actions.  While Alexander's conquests involved a handful of great battles there were dozens, if not hundreds, of smaller actions. I don't have a definite set of rules in mind yet but there seems to be a few newish skirmish sets available now and I could use a Lion Rampant variant or Fistful of Lead Bigger Battles too.

No comments:

Post a Comment